Academic Skills Groups
Groups available for year-round middle schoolers, and middle- and high-schoolers on the traditional calendar
Give your child the tools to achieve academic independence and motivation and set your mind at ease.
- Are you tired of nagging your child to do their homework?
- Are you frustrated that your child can't seem to keep track of their school work, saves assignments until the last minute, and the poor grades associated with these behaviors?
- Is your relationship with your child suffering due to the constant school battle?
- Are you worried about your child’s academic future, including college?
- Do you feel at a loss when it comes to helping your child to be independent and motivated academically?
How can this group help you?
Parents, this group will allow you to...
- Remove yourself from the homework equation
- Relax and not stress about your child’s academics and academic future
- Repair, improve, or maintain a positive relationship with your child
How can this group help your child?
Whether your child needs ongoing academic support or to learn new skills, this group will help your child..
- Independently manage their time - no more late nights or waiting until the last possible second to do school work!
- Effectively use self-advocacy skills so that you don't have to worry about their needs being met
- Improve their grades
- Take responsibility for their learning so that assignments are turned in completed and on time
- Know their strengths and weaknesses and how to leverage and cope with them
- Develop effective study skills